Question by : What is the mighty mite neck that is most similar to a les Paul neck, and what is the cost?
I’m planning on starting a super strat project with a les Paul-esque neck, and I know for sure I want a mighty mite neck, what would you recommend? Also, it has to be able to be bolted on and fit in a strat sized neck pocket. Please try to keep it under $ 200. Also, ebony fingerboard is preferred as well as mahogany neck wood, but not neccassary.
Answer by Norm Jones
I presume you mean to use a neck with a Strat scale. To use one with a Les Paul scale will require moving the bridge on a Strat body. The profile you will need is the vintage rounded and probably a 9 1/2 radius fretboard. I do not think Mighty Mite makes any Strat necks in mahogany, but MM does have ebony fretboards available.
Unless you want to switch your neck wood to maple, I think you will have to go with a custom made neck from Warmoth. That will run you around $ 400 most likely by the time you get everything factored in.
What do you think? Answer below!
There are a lot of things people have to remember when they start dog training. There are a lot of different dog training techniques to try.
Some of these dog training techniques work, while other dog training techniques seem to work against you. With so many different aspects of dog training, it is hard to know what techniques work the best.
One of the biggest things that often confuse people with regards to dog training is when to reward your dog and when to reprimand your dog. If you have trouble deciding when to do which, please read on.
Most dog training course instructors will tell you that positive dog training is the best technique to utilize. Unfortunately, there are some instances when you do have to reprimand your dog.
Reprimanding your dog should not happen often, as dogs respond better to positive reinforcement used in dog training. Before you learn when to reprimand your dog, you should first learn when to reward your dog.
You should reward your dog any time your dog does something it is supposed to during dog training. This can be when it sits, stays, eliminates where it should, fetches, etc.
The reward you use during your dog training can be many things: praise, kind words, tummy rub, pat on the head, or a treat.
Dogs learn very quickly from positive dog training. Dogs tend to want to make you happy and this is why they do so well with this type of dog training. However, be sure you never reward bad behavior.
Reprimanding is a type of dog training that should not be done unless necessary. This can be when your dog jumps, eliminates in the wrong place, barks, growls, pulls on a leash, destroys something, etc.
You must only reprimand your dog if you catch it in the act of doing something wrong.
Otherwise, your dog will not realize what it did. The reprimand used for this dog training should be a quick, sharp “no” or “bad dog.”
Your tone should be angry, but remember to be short and quick. If you constantly do this, your words will end up being ignored by the dog. Never spank, hit, or constantly scold your dog. This will only lead to more problems in the future.
These are all of the important things you need to focus on when determining when to reprimand or reward your dog during dog training. Remember to be patient because your dog is learning and trying its best.
With some love and consideration, your dog should do quite well with its dog training.
Then it will be a rewarding experience for you both!
1) Can’t teach an old dog – You have to start training your Airedale terrier pet dog as early as possible. This is because of the fact that the earlier an Airedale terrier pet dog learns a trick, the faster they will be able to learn it. This doesn’t just apply to tricks. It also applies to general behavior. When your Airedale terrier pet dog is still just a puppy, you need to start training it. This way, the behavioral training that you give it will be ingrained into the Airedale terrier pet dog’s brain. This way, proper behavior becomes almost instinctive to the Airedale terrier pet dog.
2) Use, don’t abuse – Various training methods are made available for you by various experts. However, there’s one thing you should know: they only work with proper use. Some people make use of the leash or of the crate to abuse their animals. What you need to know is that each method of training can only be effective if used in a way that will not harm the animals. You need to be firm but gentle with your animal when you are trying to train it.
Use the various implements humanely in such a manner that will encourage your dog to behave well and not scare it from behaving badly.
3) Habit inside, habit outside – Before taking your Airedale terrier pet dog outside, try to observe its behavior inside. This will give you a clue as to how the Airedale terrier pet dog will act outside the house. Many people say that a dog’s behavior inside a house is very different from the way that the same dog will act in outside environments. This is not true. By observing the inside behavior of your Airedale terrier pet dog, you will realize how it will respond to you outside.
If your Airedale terrier pet dog does not listen to your commands inside the house, how can you expect it to listen to your commands outside the house where there are things a lot more interesting to a dog than your commands are?
4) Keep your temper – Training an Airedale terrier pet dog can understandably be very frustrating. However, you should not lose your temper. Negative actions such as hitting or shouting at your dog will not accomplish anything positive. Sometimes, we have a tendency to take out our frustrations on helpless pets. Do not blame your problems on the dog. If you know that you are having a bad day, do not even think about training your dog. All that you might get from the ordeal is a bad case of hyperacidity. Your dog will learn nothing and that would only increase your frustration.
5) Timing – Timing is always important. You need to make corrections regarding your Airedale terrier pet dog’s behavior while those corrections are still relevant. If you praise or correct with the wrong timing, you would only end up confusing the dog. Actually, the best timing you can use is to correct the Airedale terrier pet dog before he or she even starts to misbehave.
Question by : How you know a dog passed another dog mange mites?
Like any type of manges mites how you know a dog passed it to another dog? Would they like start scratching immediatly and is it curable? Not that my dog has it just curious. Thanks
Answer by orangebunny
you can’t know for sure where a dog picked it up from (much like with humans catching a cold). but yes it is very treatable with a trip to the vet
What do you think? Answer below!
Western Feed, LLC is voluntarily recalling two lots (M718430 and M720280) of Kountry Buffet 14% feed because it may contain monensin sodium (Rumensin). The feed is packaged in 50 lb. bags bearing the Payback logo with the attached tag identifying the product as Kountry Buffet 14%. Monensin sodium is a medication approved for use in some livestock and poultry species, but can be fatal to horses if fed at sufficiently high levels.
The lot number (M718430 and M720280) can be found towards the bottom of the tag, below the Feeding Directions.
This feed was distributed December 2, 2011 through December 15, 2011 to retailers in Nebraska and Wyoming. Retailers receiving product from the lot in question have removed it from their stores.
Western Feed had received a report of some horses that had died as a result of consuming the feed. Initial testing by a private laboratory has indicated the presence of a potentially harmful level of monensin sodium (Rumensin) in these two lots. Further follow up testing is underway.
The symptoms of toxicity vary with the amount of monensin ingested by a horse. Trace amounts may cause a horse to go off his regular feed, show signs of colic and appear unwell for a few days. Larger amounts will cause a horse to show more serious symptoms within a few hours including colic, stiffness, sweating, a lack of co-ordination and the inability to stand.
Customers who purchased Kountry Buffet 14% from lot M718430 and M720280 should stop feeding the product immediately and call Western Feed LLC at 308-247-2601, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM MT.
At this time, the limited voluntary recall only applies to Kountry Buffet 14%, lots M718430 and M720280. No other Western Feed, LLC products and no other lots of Kountry Buffet 14% are involved.
The full release is on the FDA website: Western Feed, LLC Conducts Voluntary Recall Of Feed Distributed In Nebraska And Wyoming.
Today was product review here at DogTipper…and the dogs were reviewing one of their favorite kind of products: treats! (They also love their job as toy testers…but they are less than…
[[ This is a summary only. Click the title for the full post, photos, videos, giveaways, and more! ]]
Sergeant's Pet Care Products, Inc. Announces Innovative New Products at Global …
It works so fast, it stops reinfestation of fleas, ticks and chewing lice and maintains high efficacy for 30 days, protecting pets and homes. SENTRY(R) Fiproguard(TM) MAX will be available at pet specialty stores nationwide in spring 2012.
Read more on MarketWatch (press release)
Sergeant's Unleashes Fiproguard(TM) MAX and Pronyl OTC(TM) MAX Flea and Tick …
These patent-pending, dual-action formulas deliver superior results in killing fleas, ticks and chewing lice. They are the first formulas available in retail products that deliver the synergistic protection provided by combining fipronil with a second …
Read more on MarketWatch (press release)
Naper Wow Pow: Skin So Soft at Avon retail store
Here are some of the other ways you can use it: moisturizing skin, removing ink, soothing sunburns, removing chewing gum from hair and carpet, treating head lice, killing household ants, cleaning wood, removing hard water deposits, removing oil, …
Read more on Naperville Sun
Three part minicourse: part 2 is about calculating how energy your dog food delivers.
Dog Food Blog | Best Dog Food Guide