Over the past couple of years, I have put together a fun ‘interview’ with questions to ask my daughter on the first day of school. I then ask the same questions on the last day of school to see how her answers have changed. It’s such a cool way to see how her interests evolve and also see how she grows in her vocabulary and articulation!
I have been sharing the questionnaire (and Essley’s answers) here for the past two years, and the posts are always one of our most pinned on Pinterest, so I decided to share again. Many of you have commented and messaged me sharing your kids’ answers, which I absolutely love to read! (Keep them coming!)
Essley’s first day of Kindergarten answers are admittedly not as funny as they were back at the beginning of these surveys when she was only 3, but it’s wonderfully endearing (and bittersweet) to see how she is learning and growing.
1. What is your name? Essley.
2. What grade are you in? Kindergarten.
3. How old are you? 5-1/2.
4. What is your favorite color? Pink and purple.
5. What is your favorite thing to do at school? Writing and learning.
6. What is your favorite activity outside of school? Dance.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A dance teacher and an inventor.
8. What is your favorite food? Tacos.
9. How old is your mommy? 29. (I’ll take it!)
10. What is her job? Being a blog poster.
11. What is mommy’s favorite food? Salad. (I wish!)
12. How old is your daddy? I think 80. (Bahahaha.)
13. What is his job? Stage Manager.
14. What is daddy’s favorite food? A mozzarella pizza.
15. What do mommy and daddy like to do? Play with us.
16. If you have brothers or sisters, what are their names? I have a baby brother and his name is Emmett.
17. How old is your brother(s) (and/or sisters)? 3 1/2.
18. What is your brother(s) (and/or sisters) favorite food? Pizza.
19. What is your favorite toy? Rosie (doll) and Owly (her favorite owl toy since she was a baby).
20. Where do you live? Chicagoland.
21. What is your favorite thing to do? Go to the pool.
22. What is your favorite place you’ve ever been? The zoo.
23. Who is your best friend? (She went on and on with an endless lists of friends here; too many to type.)
24. What is your favorite animal? Dog.
25. If you could have anything you wished for, what would it be? A pet unicorn that I could ride and that would do magic spells.
I’ll share Emmett’s (his first day of school is next week) soon. I have a feeling his answers will be delightfully hilarious. (Super cute chalkboard signs we used for our photos purchased from this awesome Etsy shop.)