Bonnie Odem Harlan, Founder of Prevent Pet Suffocation, brings awareness to pet parents in Memory of her Beloved Furry Angel, BLUE.
Dogs are dying daily, and it CAN happen to your beloved pet… to any of our pets!!!!
Be sure to cut the top and bottom of the bag off completely before throwing it away, and be certain snack bags are never left anywhere your pet may have access to one… not even an unaccessible location! Hide them up above in a closed cabinet or pantry, out of sight and smell.
When a dog puts their head into the bag and begins to breath, a vacuum seal is created preventing them from removing the bag.
I just received notice of the fourth doggie this week — rather, the fourth owner whom has come forward and brought the unfortunate news to Prevent Pet Suffocation’s attention, sharing their dog has died as the result of suffocating in a Frito Lays bag or similar snack bag. Last week a dog suffocated with their head stuck in a plastic animal cracker container. The numbers are increasing rapidly, and, most likely, there have been many other unreported deaths.
Visit Prevent Pet Suffocation’s Facebook page and read the stories… so extremely sad! More importantly, please go to their web site and sign the petition to have warning notices printed on the bags!!!
The original article appeared on MADMIKESAMERICA… after reading Bonnie’s heartbreaking experience, I’ve been following Prevent Pet Suffocation and helping spread awareness by sharing her story about Blue, as well as the horrific posts from many devastated pet parents, in an attempt to save other beloved pets’ lives.
Helping to keep beloved furry babies healthy and safe… and pet parents informed!
I’ve Got the ‘Scoop’!, LLC, in Palmyra